Story of Day :
The Lucky Bamboo House Plant: A Complete Guide and Care Tips
Have you heard of the lucky bamboo plant? If not, then you’re in for a treat! This little houseplant is said to bring good luck and positive energy into any space it’s placed in.
But aside from being a good luck charm, this plant is also easy to care for and can thrive indoors with proper care.
History of Lucky Bamboo Plant
Contrary to what its name suggests, the lucky bamboo plant is not really a type of bamboo at all.
It’s actually a member of the Dracaena family – more specifically Dracaena sanderiana or ribbon dracaena.
The lucky bamboo originated in Africa but has since become popular in other parts of Asia such as China and Taiwan where it became associated with Feng Shui practices.
In Feng Shui, the number of stalks on your lucky bamboo has different meanings:
- One stalk represents prosperity.
- Two stalks represent love.
- Three stalks represent happiness.
- Five stalks represent wealth.
- Six stalks represent harmony and balance.
- Eight stalks represent growth and development.
- Nine or ten stalks symbolize completeness or perfection respectively.
Care Tips for Lucky Bamboo Plant
If you want your lucky bamboo plant to thrive, here are some basic care tips:
- Water: Lucky bamboo is an aquatic plant.
You should keep its roots submerged in water at all times, making sure that the water level does not drop below the base of the plant.
- Sunlight: The lucky bamboo prefers bright but indirect sunlight.
Avoid placing it in direct sunlight as this can burn its leaves.
- Temperature and Humidity: Lucky bamboo thrives in temperatures between 18-30 degrees Celsius (65-85 degrees Fahrenheit).
It also prefers high humidity, so make sure to mist it regularly or place it near a humidifier.
- Fertilization:You can provide fertilizer to your lucky bamboo once every two months with a diluted solution of liquid fertilizer made for houseplants.
Note: If you see yellowing or browning on your lucky bamboo’s leaves, it could be a sign of overwatering or underwatering.
The Benefits of Having Lucky Bamboo Plant
Apart from being known as good luck charm, having a lucky bamboo plant offers many other benefits like –
- Lucky Bamboo Plants are known for their ability to remove pollutants such as formaldehyde, benzene and carbon monoxide from the air around them which makes them great natural air purifiers.
- Lucky Bamboos release oxygen even during nighttime when most plants are taking in oxygen which will help you breathe cleaner air while sleeping.
- The presence of green color plants has calming effect on people’s minds and improves focus which ultimately boost productivity levels at work places or homes where they are kept..
If you’re looking for an easy-to-care-for houseplant that brings good luck into your space, then the lucky bamboo plant is definitely worth considering.
Follow the care tips above and your plant will thrive while also adding some positive energy to your home or office.