Story of Day :
The Money Tree Plant: Complete Guide and Care Tips
Also known as Pachira aquatica, the Money Tree is a popular indoor plant that is believed to bring good luck and prosperity.
In this article, we will provide you with a complete guide and care tips for your Money Tree plant.
Origins of the Money Tree Plant
The origins of the Money Tree can be traced back to Central and South America, where it grows naturally in wetlands.
The plant is widely popular in Asian cultures, particularly in China, where it’s believed to bring good fortune and prosperity.
Care Tips for Your Money Tree Plant
- Light: The Money tree prefers bright indirect light or partial shade.
Direct sunlight can scorch its leaves.
- Water: Overwatering can cause root rot, so make sure you allow the soil to dry out between waterings.
A well-draining potting mix works best.
- Humidity: The money tree loves humidity but can tolerate normal room conditions as well.
Mist your plant regularly or keep it near a humidifier if possible.
- Fertilizer: Feed your money tree every two weeks with a balanced liquid fertilizer during its growing season (spring/summer).
- Growth: The money tree can grow up to 6 feet tall indoors if given enough space and care.
Bonus: How to Get Your Own Lucky Bamboo from Your Existing Plants?
If you already have a healthy mature money tree that has grown sufficiently tall over time then congratulations! You’ve got one more reason to celebrate.
You can propagate the plant by taking cuttings from healthy branches, and plant them in a well-draining potting mix with good drainage.
Keep the soil moist but not waterlogged, and your new Money Tree should start growing roots in a few weeks.
Benefits of Having a Money Tree Plant
In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the Money Tree plant is believed to bring several benefits:
- Good Luck: According to Feng Shui principles, having a Money Tree at home or office brings good luck and prosperity.
- Air Purification: The money tree is an excellent air purifier that removes toxins such as benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene from indoor air.
- Career Advancement: It’s believed that keeping one at your workplace can enhance career growth prospects.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, the money tree plant is an excellent addition to any indoor space.
By following our care tips mentioned above you can enjoy its beautiful foliage while also experiencing its supposed benefits of bringing good luck and purifying indoor air quality!