Story of Day :
The Complete Guide and Care Tips for Creeping Phlox Plant – Your Ultimate Garden Companion
Gardening is not just a hobby, it’s an art.
And to master this art, one needs to have the right tools and knowledge.
If you are looking for a perfect garden companion that will add charm, beauty, and fragrance to your garden, then creeping phlox is your answer!
What is Creeping Phlox?
Creeping phlox (Phlox subulata) is an evergreen perennial plant that belongs to the Polemoniaceae family.
Native to North America, this beautiful flowering plant grows in dense mats and spreads rapidly.
- It’s a low-growing ground cover that reaches up to 6 inches tall with spread of 18-24 inches wide
- The flowers bloom in spring with shades of pink, purple or white colors
- The foliage stays green throughout the year offering a carpet of color even when not in bloom
Care Tips for Creeping Phlox
Creeping phlox requires minimal care but there are few things you should keep in mind while growing them.
Soil and Sun Requirements:
- This plant thrives best in well-drained soil with moderate moisture content.
- If your soil isn’t well-drained or has high clay content consider amending it by adding organic matter like compost before planting creeping phlox plants.
- This sun-loving plant prefers full sun exposure but also tolerates partially shaded areas.