Story of Day :
The Complete Guide to Cymbidium Plant Care Tips
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re already a fan of cymbidiums.
These beautiful orchids have been a favorite among gardeners for decades, and it’s no surprise why – their striking colors and long-lasting blooms make them the perfect addition to any garden or home.
What is a Cymbidium Plant?
Cymbidiums are native to Asia and can be found in many different colors, including white, green, yellow, pink, red and orange.
They typically bloom in the winter or early spring months and can produce up to 30 flowers on one spike.
Caring for Your Cymbidium Plants
- Light: Cymbidiums prefer bright but indirect light.
Too much direct sunlight can cause the leaves to burn.
- Water: Water your cymbidium when the top layer of soil feels dry.
Be sure not to overwater as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilizer: Use a balanced fertilizer during the growing season (spring/summer) every two weeks but stop fertilizing as soon as new growth stops appearing in autumn/winter months
- Potting Mix: Use a well-draining potting mix specially formulated for orchids like sphagnum moss or bark chips.
- Humidity:Cybidum plants love high humidity so it’s best if you place them near other plants or humidifiers.
- If your plant is not blooming properly consider providing more light or moving it to a brighter area.
- Re-pot your cymbidium every two years using fresh potting mix and a larger pot as the plant grows in size.
- If you notice any yellowing or browning on leaves, remove the affected leaves immediately to prevent further damage.
- They are known for their air-purifying qualities, making them great indoor plants.
- Cymbidiums can live up to 100 years if properly cared for!
- The flowers of cymbidium orchids are sometimes used in traditional Chinese medicine for their anti-inflammatory properties.
Tips & Tricks
Facts about Cymbidium Orchids
Cymbidium orchids are not only beautiful but they also have some interesting facts:
In conclusion, cymbidium plants are a beautiful addition to any garden or home.
With proper care and attention, they can bloom year after year and provide endless joy to those who admire them.
Remember that caring for your cymbidium takes time, but with patience and dedication you will be rewarded with stunning blooms that last throughout the winter months!